Veal is particularly popular in French and Italian cuisine. An incredibly lean and tender cut, it’s packed with protein, phosphorus, zinc, selenium, copper and B vitamins. It’s lower in calories than beef, pork and lamb and also has a lower fat content, making it an ideal protein for more restrictive diets.
We’re going to coat our veal chops with a flavorful mustard, honey and herb mixture and serve them with veggies for a balanced meal. We’ll cook the veal chops at a low heat for a longer period of time for a moist, evenly cooked result. All food prepared in Zepter Masterpiece Cookware retains its natural aromas, flavors, nutritive and biological values and is prepared the healthy way – without adding any oils, fats or water. Thanks to 316-L stainless steel, from which our cookware is constructed, no toxic or carcinogenic substances are produced during the cooking process.
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 1 kg veal rib chops
- 1 tbsp. spoon mustard
- 1 tbsp. spoon honey
- 2 bunch fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, rosemary)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Five-spice mix
- 1 cup wine
- Fennel seeds
- Use the MixSy to make a pesto with 1 bunch of the fresh herbs and the olive oil
- Place the veal chops and the remaining herbs into the Oval Griller (Z-V3025Z), without adding any oil
- Season the meat generously on all sides with the five-spice mix and the fennel seeds
- Cover the griller and turn the induction plate on to a medium heat of 160°C and cook for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, turn the chops over, lower the temperature to 90°C and cook for an additional 45 minutes
- Add the wine about 30 minutes into the cooking process and cover
- Turn off the induction plate and remove the grill pan from the heat source. Allow the meat to rest for a few minutes before covering it with the mustard, honey and pesto sauce
Slice and serve family style alongside steamed veggies.