Grilled duck fillets are a true treat to indulge in. Considered a red meat, even the breast, there are two tricks to keep in mind during preparation: do not overcook the meat and grill skin side down to render as much fat as possible for a nice crisp.
Luckily, this is made easy by Zepter Masterpiece Cookware, which allows you to cook at lower temperatures and without the use of any additional water or fats.
When you cook at high temperatures, season with salt during preparation or fry in oils the result can be a staggering 30% decrease in food. Thanks to Zepter’s accuthermal bottom, energy is generated in the bottom of the pan allowing you to prepare food at significantly lower temperatures, ensuring your proteins don’t shrink and simultaneously lowering fat content!
- 2 duck breast fillets (approx. 500 g)
- 5-spice mix
- 2 beets
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 100 g melon
- 1 tbsp. pesto
- 50 g walnuts
- Score the skin on the duck fillets and season with cinnamon and 5-spice mix
- Place the fillets in a cold Zepter Z-Q1918 casserole dish, without adding any water or oil
- Grill at medium heat 160°C for 3 minutes, then lower the temperature to 90°C and cook for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove the casserole dish with the duck from the heat source
- Cook for 2 minutes at 160°C, then lower heat to 90°C and cook for an additional 15 minutes
- Turn off heat source and add the melon, walnuts and pesto
- Serve the duck fillets over the beet salad in Royal Gold porcelain