Sweet and spicy, the best of both worlds. The combination of sweet potatoes, spicy yogurt sauce and fresh mint in this recipe provides just that. If you’re a fan of explosive flavors this dish is sure to be a favorite in your Thanksgiving spread.
The star here is the sweet potato. An incredibly healthy root vegetable, it’s packed with vitamin B6, which is essential for heart health, and vitamin C, which strengthens our immune systems and acts as an antioxidant. Vitamins A and E are plentiful too, as well potassium and magnesium, making sweet potato an excellent addition to your winter diet.
As always, we’ve prepared this meal in Zepter Masterpiece Cookware, which allows for cooking at low temperatures without the addition of any water, oils or fats during the cooking process. Each piece of cookware is constructed from superior 316-L stainless steel that doesn’t produce any toxins substances.
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 400 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 chili pepper
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame
- 1 handful fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 395°F
- Cut the sweet potato into larger slices (without removing the skin) and bake in oven for 40 mins. Turn the pan halfway through to ensure even cooking
- Finely chop the chili pepper, zest half a lemon, then squeeze it for the juice
- Mix the chopped chili, lemon zest, juice, a pinch of salt and a few drops of olive oil into the yogurt
- On Royal Gold Bordeaux porcelain, plate the yogurt sauce first, then the sweet potatoes. Garnish with toasted sesame, fresh mint leaves and some chopped chili pepper
- Finish with a pinch with a few drops of olive oil