Sometimes roasting a whole turkey just isn’t an option. Perhaps your oven is too small, or maybe you won’t be feeding a large crowd this year. We’re of the mind that a whole bird isn’t always necessary and chose instead to prepare just the breast and the leg.
Of course, we couldn’t skip out on the gravy or a great glaze to give our turkey that gorgeous golden-brown color. We recommend marinating the turkey pieces a day in advance for an extra flavor punch.
Add a couple of great sides and some good company for the perfect Thanksgiving dinner.
INGREDIENTS (6-8 servings)
- ½ a turkey breast (about 3.3 lb.)
- 1 turkey leg
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- Olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 carrots
- 2-3 onions
- 200-300 ml white wine
For the glaze
- 1 cube butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Juice of 1 grapefruit
For the gravy
- Fat drippings from turkey
- 200-300 ml chicken or turkey broth
- 2 tsp. cornflour
- Marinate the turkey in the mustard, honey, garlic and olive oil one day in advance. Store in VacSy container and refrigerate
- Immediately before cooking, roughly chop the carrots and onions and layer them across the bottom of the Zepter Masterpiece Griller Z-V3025Z
- Place the meat over the vegetables, season with pepper and add the white wine
- Cover the griller with lid or aluminum foil and bake at 160°C for about an hour and a half, then turn the temperature up to 180°C and cook for an additional 45 minutes
- At this point, make the glaze. Add the butter, honey and grapefruit juice to a Zepter Z-1620-SC saucepot and cook until syrupy (this should only take a few minutes)
- After the turkey has cooked at 180°C for 45 minutes, drain the fat from the bottom of the griller into a bowl and coat the outside of the turkey in the glaze
- Raise the temperature to 200°C
- Keep adding the glaze at 5-minute intervals until desired golden-brown color is achieved. Once you are satisfied with the color, remove from oven and let rest
- Lastly, make the gravy. Combine the turkey drippings with the broth, cornflour and water, as needed. Cook on the induction plate at low heat 90°C, mixing constantly until completely combined
- Slice and arrange the turkey on Zepter Royal Gold Bordeaux porcelain
- Serve the gravy in Zepter Royal Gold Bordeaux gravy boat
Tip: Remember, the gravy will additionally thicken as it cools. Give it a thinner consistency than desired while cooking for optimal results.