We’ve already mentioned the nutritional mantra that tells us we should eat fish three times a week for a healthy diet. In terms of the healthiest types, we definitely have to single out semi-fatty fish, which contain the highest levels of omega-3 fatty acids. Our favorite is tuna, a large and quick saltwater fish that is also unique for its high protein content- a staggering 24 grams per 100 grams! It’s also rich in B vitamins, vitamin D, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.
On top of all that, tuna is an exceptionally flavorful and meaty fish that doesn’t require much more than a quick sear in the pan. We give our tuna some additional flavor by coating it in pumpkin flavor, a great healthy alternative to white flour, and serve it with fresh greens for a healthy and balanced meal that’s ready in under 30 minutes! Thanks to Zepter Masterpiece Cookware you can rest assured that all of your ingredients will be prepared the healthy way- without additional oils or fats and at low temperatures.
Ingredients (single serving)
- 400 g tuna steaks
- 400 g seasonal greens
- 80 g tomato
- 1 green apple
- 1 grapefruit
- 20 ml olive oil
- 8 ml balsamic vinegar
- 10 g fresh cilantro
- 4 g pepper
- 40 g pumpkin flower
- Peel and chop the fruits and vegetables and assemble the salad
- Make a vinaigrette for the salad by blending the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh cilantro, and pepper using the MixSy. Drizzle over the salad
- Cover and heat your Quadra Z-Q1918-SC pan for 2 minutes at 160°C
- After the pan has heated up, add the tuna steaks and lower the temperature to 90°C. Cover and cook each side for 2 minutes
- Remove the steaks from the pan and coat them in pumpkin flour
- Slice the steaks and serve over the salad in Rio porcelain
Healthy, flavorful and easy to prepare!
Chef Petra Gerić