If you’re looking to impress your friends and dinner guests, we recommend our recipe for squid ink risotto. The core of this moody Mediterranean specialty is the squid ink, which gives the dish not only its remarkable color but also its earthy, deeply savory and rich flavor.
More so, squid ink has incredible health benefits: it protects white blood cells, which are crucial for maintaining a healthy immune system, and some studies suggest that it has cancer and pathogen fighting properties. While squid ink may end up being one of the more expensive ingredients in your pantry, it’s long lasting and just a few tablespoons are enough to prepare this dish.
Along with the squid ink, we’ll add squid itself. Squid is an excellent source of proteins, vitamins and minerals including: phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium. For these reasons, adding squid to your seafood rotation is great for introducing some variety into your diet.
We’ll prepare this luxurious dish in our Masterpiece Cookware, the healthy way, in just 30 minutes. By cooking the ingredients in their own liquids, we’ll bring out even more intense flavors and ensure we’re retaining the maximum amount of nutrients by not adding any fats or water. Thanks to 316-L stainless steel, from which our cookware is constructed, no toxic or cancerogenic substances are produced during the cooking process.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 800 g fresh squid
- 2 red onions
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- 250 g arborio rice
- 4 dcl white wine
- 40 g squid ink
- 8 bay leaves
- 2 dcl olive oil
- 80 g Parmesan
- 4 g pepper
- Cut the squid into bite size pieces and place into a cold pot Z-2440 without any oil or water. Add the onions and the garlic
- Cover and cook at medium heat 160°C for 5 minutes
- Add the bay leaves, white wine and arborio rice and combine. Cover and cook at low heat 90°C for an additional 20 minutes
- Add the squid ink and parmesan. Add the olive oil while stirring to combine all of the ingredients
- Remove the pot from the heat source and leave covered for an additional 10 minute
- Serve in Rio Gold porcelain and garnish with olive oil and fresh parsley
- A recipe for anyone who loves Mediterranean flavors!
- Bon Appetit!
Chef Petra Gerić